What information we collect
We may collect the following types of information about you, which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Information. Examples include first name, last name, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Information. Examples include billing address, shipping address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Information. Examples include payment card details.
- Transaction Information. Examples include details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Information. Examples include internet protocol (IP) address, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
- Profile Information. Examples include your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Information. Examples include information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Information. Examples include your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Demographic Information and Preferences. Examples include personal characteristics and preferences, such as your age, marital and family status, number of children, shopping preferences, income level, languages spoken, loyalty and rewards program information, household demographic data, data from social media platforms, education and professional information, hobbies and interests and propensity scores from third parties (likelihood of purchase, experiencing a life event, etc.).
- User Content. Examples include photos, reviews, and other feedback that you provide to us on or through our social media pages or websites about our products, locations, and services. If you choose to provide User Content, it may be made available on public areas of our website or on or through our social media channels.
- Some of the information we collect about you may be personal information, or personal data, that can be used to identify you including, for example, your name, email address, mailing address or delivery address. In some jurisdictions, certain unique identifiers like IP addresses and other usage or technical information may be considered personal information. Personal information does not include data where your identity has been removed so that we can no longer identify you (anonymous data), which we may use for any purpose.
- How we collect your information
- We collect information from and about you in the following ways:
- When you provide it to us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms or by communicating with us by email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register for an account, subscribe to one of our newsletters or other communications, enroll our loyalty program, place an order, participate in one of our events, write a review, or when you otherwise contact us about our website, products, or services. We may also collection information from you if you sign up for a tour at one of our locations or complete a visitor comment card.
• From our websites and emails. As you interact with our website, use our apps, websites using our cookies, or our emails, we may automatically collect Technical Information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this information by using cookies, server logs, web beacons, and other similar technologies. Our Cookies and automatic data collection technologies section contains more information and options to control or opt-out of certain data collection or uses.
Cookies and automatic data collection technologies
Our websites use automatic data collection technologies to distinguish you from other website users. This helps us deliver a better and more personalized service when you browse our website. It also allows us to improve our websites by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store your preferences so we may customize our websites according to your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognize you when you return to our website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of our website may use Flash cookies (local stored objects) instead of browser cookies to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the website. For information about managing Flash cookies see Your rights and choices.
• Web Beacons. Our website pages, advertisements, and e-mails may contain small transparent embedded images or objects known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count website page visitors or email readers, or to compile other similar statistics such as recording website content popularity or verifying system and server integrity. For information about managing web beacons, see Your rights and choices.
We do not respond to or honor “do not track” (a/k/a DNT) signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
How we use your information
We may use your information to conduct our business operations including for the following purposes:
• To create and manage your account.
• To provide you with products and services you request or purchase from us.
• To allow you to enter a sweepstake, contest, promotion, other program that we may offer.
• To conduct market research.
- To develop and provide advertising tailored to your interest and to determine the effectiveness of our advertising.
- To provide you with the information or support that you request from us, including to send you newsletters.
- To improve our website, products or services, marketing, customer relationships, and experiences.
- To develop new products and services.
- To notify you of special offers, discounts, stock availability and other updates, and products and services that we think may be of interest to you. To learn more about your choices with regards to these communications see Your rights and choices.
- To provide you with the information, products, services or support that you request form us or to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To deliver relevant content, advertisements, and messaging to you and to measure or understand the effectiveness of such content, advertisements, and messaging.
- We may use information that is not personal information for any purpose. For example, we may aggregate usage data from many people in a way that does not identify any individuals to calculate the percentage of users accessing a feature on the website.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.